Daisy Cottage Farm Elderflower Cordial – did you know?
The Elderflower – a beautiful flower with lots of uses. Traditionally used in the treatment of hay fever, rheumatism, and the common cold. Did you know it was known as the “village pharmacy”?
Here at Daisy Cottage Farm we use the elderflower to produce our gold award-winning Elderflower Cordial. We were so pleased to get the award and the beautiful trophy designed by Clonmel’s Philippe Hetier at last year’s National Artisan Food Awards at the Clonmel Agricultural Show!
A true Multi-Tasker!
The Daisy Cottage Farm Elderflower Cordial is a beautifully flavoured cordial with many uses:
- Fold some into whipped cream before we put the cream on a pavlova with strawberries.
- Enjoy it drizzled over ice-cream.
- One of the basic ingredients in our overnight oats.
- Enjoy it as a refreshing drink – mix it with water, soda water or sparkling water.
- A chilled Elderflower Bellini is the perfect way to enjoy a Summer’s evening.
- And of course, who could resist a splash of Elderflower Cordial in a Gin and Tonic?
SUMMER IS HERE!